Welcome to Nebraska’s self-assessment process for friends or family members
who care for loved ones on routine or daily basis.
This process will help you:
- Assess your service needs
- Assess the needs of your family member
- Match service needs with Nebraska’s resources
- Find service providers in your geographic area
- Make decisions your family support
Caregiving is rewarding but stressful
More than 65 million Americans provide care for a chronically ill, disabled or aged family member or friend during any given year and spend an average of 20 hours per week providing care for their loved one.* Caring for loved ones can be very rewarding but also very challenging and stressful. It is not uncommon for caregivers to concentrate on the care of others, yet neglect their own health. So how do you know if caregiver stress is affecting you? This self-assessment will help you evaluate your emotional and physical stress as a caregiver.
* Caregiving in the United States; National Alliance for Caregiving in collaboration with AARP. November 2009
Looking for more information? Visit the Answers4Families website. There you will find information for families who have special concerns for the well-being children, parents, dear friends, or neighbors. Each area provides information related to the complex experiences related to caregiving.